The Orange County Sports Commission is joining forces with its partners to list job openings in the sports industry throughout the county. This section offers information on current career opportunities with the goal of helping people in our community find jobs and helping our industry find critical staff. Today is the day to find your new career in the Orange County sports industry.
JOB TITLE: Part-time Assistant, Sports Development REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Orange County Sports Commission DEPARTMENT: Orange County Sports Commission CLASSIFICATION: Exempt SALARY: $18-$20/hr
Vision: Using the sports platform to make orange county a premier place to live, work, visit and play.
Mission: To Enhance the economic, social and cultural vitality of orange county communities trhoughsports.
This position will help advance the overall goals of the Orange County Sports Commission (OCSC) by positioning, organizing and servicing the county and partners as a global premier sporting event destination.
This role, provides an entry level opportunity within the sports industry, working with the Orange County Sports Commission in a fast-paced and fun environment. This role will interact directly with board members, community leaders, event organizers and individuals representing a variety of venues and organizations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Sports Development team with sales and booking efforts, entering information into SimpleView CRM.
• Help plan and lead site tours for visiting clients for prospective and booked events in Orange County.
• Support OCSC owned and operated events with operational and logistical planning. Such as the Sports Speaker Series, VIP Board Retreats and Networking Mixers.
• Assist the Senior Director of OCSC with an annual plan to promote the Golden Ticket Fundraiser including ticket sales.
• Work alongside Business Intelligence Dept to extract data and statistics to be used for community and board reports.
• Participates, takes notes, organizes task force and committee meetings for stakeholders.
• Develop event reports and distribute as required to sponsors, staff, and key stakeholders.
• Organize and account for inventory collateral for equipment and promotional items
• Coordinate and maintain volunteer database as a resource for hosted events within our destination.
• Provides support with team travel itineraries, calendar management and expense reporting.
• Ability to think strategically and make decisions and recommendations that are in line with the organization’s strategic objectives.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as a team member at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to exercise initiative, judgment, diplomacy and maintain confidentiality in a wide variety of internal and public situations.
• Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills including grammar, spelling and general written correspondence skills.
Some supervisory experience is required for this position.
Limited exposure to confidential information given from Senior Director, Sports Development.
C. Mental Application
Employee handbook followed guidelines.
D. Contacts – Internal and Public -
A friendly personality and ability to be tactful, discreet, and informed is required to interact with staff, Orange County Sports Commission, Visit Anaheim partners and the general public.
Current undergrad or graduate student, enrolled in a program for sports management, tourism, hospitality, athletic administration or business related.
Strong passion and desire for the areas of sports development, tourism and event operations.
1 -2 years experience within sports management and/or event planning
C. Work Hours
Part-time Assistant requires a minimum of 20 hours per week, although days of the week and times of the shifts are flexible within OCSC office hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday. The Senior Director of OCSC and Part-Time Assistant will agree upon a set schedule at the onset of the position, although there may be occasions when events occur during early morning, evening or weekend hours; when possible, the sports intern will be expected to be at these events.
Required:Ability to perform multiple tasks and simultaneous projects with a high level of professionalism.
Computer knowledge (software programs – CRM database, Microsoft Suite and Teams) knowledge of key markets, and related sports industry associations, national governing bodies, and rights holders.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is a professional business office.
A consistent and reliable presence at work is necessary, ability to work a hybrid schedule between the office and home-base.
Send resumes to email@example.com – subject line to read: Part-time Assistant -Sports Development. All other correspondences will be disregarded.